For many, this summer has been an especially hot one – and more than a few dudes have addressed that heavy heat situation by knocking back a fair share of cold ones. While a frosty beer can feel especially good when the temperature soars, it’s possible that imbibing alcohol – whether in the form of beer, wine or liquor – can contribute to a penis odor situation in some men. And since rank penis odor is a major penis health concern for many, and since the summer weather can also contribute to increased levels of penis odor, guys may want to take some steps to address this problem.
Alcohol and penis odor
To be fair, alcohol intake doesn’t create penis odor alone; rather, consumption of alcohol, especially in large quantities, is associated with increased body odor all around, include the penis. The nasty tinge that alcohol can provide to a person’s breath – especially the morning after sinking a few too many – is already well known. But alcohol can in some cases create an odor which permeates the body itself.
This alcohol-based body odor is more typically found among people who habitually overindulge in alcohol. For an alcoholic, the result can be an aroma that lingers on a long-term basis, and a thorough “drying out” is necessary before the smell goes away.
But for the casual alcohol consumer, the issue usually occurs from the occasional “binge,” in which a man who usually drinks only a small amount of alcohol at a time goes overboard and drinks substantially more than usual. Typically, when a person drinks in moderation, the body metabolizes about 90% of the alcohol. The remaining 10% or so gets passed from the body through urination and sweat. But if a man drinks too much alcohol at one time, the body metabolizes a smaller percentage, and more and more leaves the body through sweat.
The sweat-delivered alcohol has a distinct and unpleasant aroma, and when it leaves the body through sweat around the penis, the resulting penis odor can be especially rank.
What to do
Clearly, the easiest way to avoid this particular penis odor problem is to not drink. (And if a person is a problem drinker, getting professional help to stop drinking can make a big difference in much more important areas than penis odor control.) But for the casual drinker, there are some ways to help reduce the degree of alcohol-related penis odor.
– Pace yourself. Leaving time between drinks gives the body more time to metabolize more of the alcohol.
– Drink water. Staying well hydrated also helps with the metabolization. Drinking a glass of water between beers can make a difference. It also transfers more of the alcohol to the urinary system, so less is available to be eliminate through skin pores.
– Don’t drink on an empty stomach. By the same token, some food helps to absorb a portion of the alcohol.
– Don’t mix drinks. Odors tend to be stronger when there are several different alcohols in the mix.
– Maintain penis health. Fighting penis odor caused by alcohol intake is much easier when the penis itself is in good shape. One easy way to work toward this goal is the daily application of a first rate penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Among the many ingredients that an effective crème should contain is vitamin A. This vitamin is renowned for its anti-bacterial properties, and these can help to eliminate persistent penis odor. The crème should also contain alpha lipoic acid. This is a potent antioxidant and is needed in order to limit any oxidative stress damage that can come from the presence of excess free radicals.
Catering Equipment That Make Life Easier
The Combined Stimulation of Caffeine and Tannin in Tea
Care and Maintenance of Baking Equipment